We all love our stainless appliances, but keeping them clean is the tough part. Check out the do’s and don’ts and have your stainless shining like new!
- DON’T use chlorine bleach or any product containing chloride.
- DON’T use oven cleaners.
- DON’T use steel wool, steel brushes, or highly abrasive scrubbing pad.
- DON’T clean a stainless steel surface unless it is cool to the touch.
- DON’T use gritty, dirty, or excessively hard water, as it can leave spots or brownish stains.
- Daily: wipe with a soapy washcloth, wipe with a wet washcloth (no soap), and then wipe dry with a microfiber cloth.
- Baked on foods? Use nylon scrubby, mild detergent, and hot water.
- Stains? Use a baking soda and liquid dish soap mix and scrub with a nylon scrubby (or old toothbrush).
- Make it shine? Buff with a stainless polish, lemon oil, or silicone-based spray. Use one microfiber (lint-free cloth) to clean and another to wipe dry.
- ALWAYS wipe with the grain.
- ALWAYS rinse with a rag and dry with a towel.
Didn’t find the answer to your question or looking for more information? Send us a message or check out some of our other blog posts: